2.12.06

A friend in need is a friend indeed

(le message qui suit est en anglais, je ne désespère pas d'avoir des visiteurs étrangers, un jour, et je demande a mes colocs aussi)

If you want to, and if you have 20 minutes to answer my questions, then you can be very helpful to me.

I am currently working on this project about interpretative fan communities, with an emphasis on Tori Amos fans (yeaaahh)

The more you are, the closer my study.
The faster you are to answer this, the better my study...

Would you please listen carefully to those songs which are part of Little Earthquakes (1991), paying attention to both lyrics (I know they are cryptic, but that's why I want you to think about them for five minutes) and music. Please reply by email in your mother tongue please, and fill the questions for each song (or all, if you don't have time).

It doesn't matter to me if you like the songs of not (actually, they are not my favorites), it just matters to the study

I apologize for the bad quality of the recording...



Here are the lyrics for Crucify :
every finger in the room is pointing at me I wanna spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring I got a bowling ball in my stomach I got a desert in my mouth figures that my COURAGE would choose to sell out now I’ve been looking for a savior in these dirty streets looking for a savior beneath these dirty sheets I’ve been raising up my hands drive another nail in just what GOD needs one more victim why do we crucify ourselves every day I crucify myself nothing I do is good enough for you crucify myself every day and my HEART is sick of being in chains got a kick for a dog beggin’ for LOVE I gotta have my suffering so that I can have my cross I know a cat named Easter he says will you ever learn you’re just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird I’ve been looking for a savior in these dirty streets looking for a savior beneath these dirty sheets I’ve been raising up my hands drive another nail in got enough GUILT to start my own religion please be save me I CRY...



Here are the lyrics for Winter :
snow can wait I forgot my mittens wipe my nose get my new boots on I get a little warm in my heart when I think of winter I put my hand in my father’s glove I run off where the DRIFTS GET DEEPER sleeping beauty trips me with a frown I hear a voice “you must learn to stand up for yourself cause I can’t always be around” he says when you gonna make up your mind when you gonna love you as much as I do when you gonna make up your mind cause things are gonna CHANGE so fast all the white horses are still in bed I tell you that I’ll always want you near you say that things change my dear boys get discovered as winter MELTS flowers competing for the sun years go by and I’m here still waiting withering where some snowman was mirror mirror where’s the crystal palace but I only can see myself SKATING around the truth who I am but I know dad the ice is getting thin hair is grey and the fires are burning so many dreams on the shelf you say I wanted you to be PROUD of me I always wanted that myself he says when you gonna make up your mind when you gonna love you as much as I do when you gonna make up your mind cause things are gonna change so fast all the WHITE HORSES have gone ahead I tell you that I’ll always want you near you say that things change my dear...




Here are the lyrics of 'Me and a Gun'

5am friday morning thursday night far from sleep I’m still up and driving can’t go home obviously so I’ll just change direction cause they’ll soon know where I live and I wanna live got a full tan and some chips it was me and a gun and a man on my back and I sang “holy holy” as he buttoned down his pants me and a gun and a man on my back but I haven’t seen BARBADOS so I must get out of this yes I wore a slinky red thing does that mean I should spread for you, your friends your father, Mr Ed and I know what this means me and Jesus a few years back used to hang and he said “it’s your choice babe just remember I don’t think you’ll be back in 3 days time so you choose well” tell me what’s right is it my right to be on my stomach of Fred’s Seville and do you know CAROLINA where the biscuits are soft and sweet these things go through your head when there’s a man on your back and you’re pushed flat on your stomach it’s not a classic cadillac...


What feelings did the music wake up in you?

What did the lyrics make you think about?

What questions do they raise?

Do you identify with the storyteller even if you did not share the same experiences?

What do you get out of this listening?

Did you like the song(s)?

MILLE FOIS MERCI!!!!!!


Sinon j'ai blogué plus bas aussi

1 Commentaires:

Blogger Dark Sysy a dit que...

Au fait Emilie, rien à voir avec ce poste mais, aurais-tu entendu Mad World dans la BO de Donnie Darko? Si oui alors saches que nous pratiquons la télépathie! Si non saches que nous pratiquons tout de même la télépathie car sans même nous consulter nous sommes tombés en même tps en extase devant la même chanson... Je m'amuse toujours de ce genre de truc!

3:17 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home